1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A delicious roast from Cooking Entrees with the Micheff Sisters Cookbook. I enjoyed this with gravy one day and with barbeque sauce the next. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups veggie burgers (I used veggie crumbles by Morningstar)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon seasoned vegetable salt (I used Italian seasoning and salt)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (I used 3 tbls. fresh parsley)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 1In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute onion and mushrooms in the oil until the onion is clear.
- 2In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients(except gravy ingredients).
- 3Spray a medium casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and put in roast mixture.Pat down. Bake at 350*F. for 1 hour.
- 4Serve with country gravy or desired sauce.
- 5Country Gravy:.
- 6In a medium skillet, brown flour, stirring constantly with a whisk until it becomes fragrant and slightly deeper in color. Add the yeast flakes and oil and cook, stirring for just a minute more.
- 7Add the water all at once, whisking fast and continuously until thickened. This will only take a minute or so.
- 8Linda Micheff says you can also make this roast into patties and either fry in a skillet or brown in oven.
- 9Good served with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and tomatoes and cucumbers.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmer's Roast(Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.2
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 1059.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: