1/8 Photos of Farmer's Pork Chops
1 hr 30 mins
This is a Paula Deen recipe which has become a favorite in our house. It is a hearty, comfort-food type of meal. The white sauce and potatoes are absolutely delicious. It takes a bit of time to prepare but the results are well worth it! I also like to serve this with a steamed vegetable and/or salad. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional) or 1/4 cup chives
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Peel potatoes, slice 1/4 inch thick and cover with cold water.
- 3Slice onion into very thin slices. Cut slices in half.
- 4Make The White Sauce:.
- 5Melt butter; remove from heat.
- 6Stir in flour and add salt and pepper.
- 7Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly.
- 8Add milk, 1 cup at a time.
- 9Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- 10Reduce heat and simmer 1 to 2 minutes, then let stand at least 1 to 2 minutes.
- 11Stir in parsley or chives, if desired.
- 12Drain potatoes.
- 13Layer half the potatoes in a well-greased 15 x 10 inch casserole dish(I use 9 x 13 and it's fine).
- 14Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 15Scatter half of onion slices on top of potatoes.
- 16Repeat with remaining potatoes and onions.
- 17Cover potatoes with white sauce.
- 18Cover casserole dish with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes on high OR bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 19Mix together flour and seasoned salt and dredge pork chops in flour mixture.
- 20Lightly brown chops in vegetable oil. *Do not cook them completely*.
- 21As chops are removed from frying pan, lay them on top of the potatoes.
- 22Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 45-60 minutes.
- 23The juices from the pork chops will drip down into the potatoes and taste oh-so-yummy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmer's Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (578 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 961.4
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 194.2 mg
- Sodium 594.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 63.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt