1/2 Photos of Farmer's Pie (Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie)
If shepherd's Pie is made w/ lamb & Cottage Pie is made w/ beef, the vege version must be... Farmer's Pie!!! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, break into florets & chop stems
- 1 tablespoon Molly McButter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (Use vegetarian version to make this recipe vegetarian.)
- 1 cup water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 cups vegetarian ground beef
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cool water
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1MASHED CAULIFLOWER TOPPING: Steam or microwave cauliflower until fork tender.
- 2Place in food processor and add Molly McButter, garlic powder and salt & pepper.
- 3Process until it has a mashed potato-like consistency.
- 4VEGETABLE BASE: In a large skillet combine red pepper, celery, onion, mushrooms and worcestershire sauce.
- 5Cover & cook until veges are soft.
- 6Add bouillon cube, water and ground beef crumbles.
- 7Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Whisk flour w/ 2 Tbls water & stir into skillet to thicken sauce.
- 9Pour vege base into casserole dish & top w/ mashed cauliflower.
- 10Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- 11Broil to brown the top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmer's Pie (Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie)
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 1027.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes
vegetarian ground beef