If shepherd's Pie is made w/ lamb & Cottage Pie is made w/ beef, the vege version must be... Farmer's Pie!!! ;)
- 1 head cauliflower, break into florets & chop stems
- 1 tablespoon Molly McButter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (Use vegetarian version to make this recipe vegetarian.)
- 1 cup water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 cups vegetarian ground beef
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cool water
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- MASHED CAULIFLOWER TOPPING: Steam or microwave cauliflower until fork tender.
- Place in food processor and add Molly McButter, garlic powder and salt & pepper.
- Process until it has a mashed potato-like consistency.
- VEGETABLE BASE: In a large skillet combine red pepper, celery, onion, mushrooms and worcestershire sauce.
- Cover & cook until veges are soft.
- Add bouillon cube, water and ground beef crumbles.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour w/ 2 Tbls water & stir into skillet to thicken sauce.
- Pour vege base into casserole dish & top w/ mashed cauliflower.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Broil to brown the top.