Recipe by Hey Jude
This is great for a brunch or dinner dish. From the Chicago Tribune Good Eating Cookbook.
Top Review by Shae
We loved this recipe! By omitting the potato this made an outstanding low-carb dish. Very very easy and quick to put together and looks really great when served up. This is our new favorite way to use polish/smoked sausage! Thanks for this great recipe :)
- 226.79 g smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 large potato, cooked and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 113.39 g mushroom, sliced
- 8 large eggs, beaten well
- 1.23 ml salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Cook sausage over medium heat in a 10-inch cast-iron or ovenproof skillet, stirring unil browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Melt butter in the skillet.
- Add potato.
- Cook, stirring, until browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon; add to sausage in the bowl.
- Put onion, green bell pepper, and mushrooms in skillet.
- Cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and potato to skillet; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add beaten eggs, salt and black pepper to taste to skillet.
- Do not stir.
- Bake in the oven until puffed and firm, 15-20 minutes.