Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great for a brunch or dinner dish. From the Chicago Tribune Good Eating Cookbook.
Make and share this Farmer's Omelet II recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Cook sausage over medium heat in a 10-inch cast-iron or ovenproof skillet, stirring unil browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Melt butter in the skillet.
- Add potato.
- Cook, stirring, until browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon; add to sausage in the bowl.
- Put onion, green bell pepper, and mushrooms in skillet.
- Cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and potato to skillet; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add beaten eggs, salt and black pepper to taste to skillet.
- Do not stir.
- Bake in the oven until puffed and firm, 15-20 minutes.
We loved this recipe! By omitting the potato this made an outstanding low-carb dish. Very very easy and quick to put together and looks really great when served up. This is our new favorite way to use polish/smoked sausage! Thanks for this great recipe :)
5 star all the way - I cut it back to 2 eggs with no problem. I used a smoked Potuguese Linguisse sausage. Didn't have any green peppers so I used red, orange & Yellow. With only 2 eggs this makes a generous serving for two. I didn't bake it I finished it on top of the stove, medium heat coverd - took 5 minutes after pouring in the eggs Thanks Hey Jude - super recipe
This was very good. I used 1 lb of smoked sausage and sprinkled chedder cheese over the top the last few minutes of baking. My guys didn't leave a bite. In fact they wanted to know if there was more. Thanks for the recipe, I will be making this alot.