Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
...got this from my favorite farming wife, Eileen Benner... and added a few twists... freshest eggs from under the chicken as possible and Madigascar vanilla will do!!
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a heavy saucepan, heat milk and sugar, over medium to low heat.
- When hot, stir in eggs and flour. Beat together well and boil until thick.
- Stir in butter and vanilla after it is cooked.
- Cool and served chilled.
- Before serving , whip up heavy cream and fold in to chilled pudding.
I used this with Recipe #128989 cause I didn't have any instant vanilla pudding. I halved this recipe and it worked nicely. I didn't use the heavy whipping cream cause I used cool whip as stated in my other recipe. Turned out good and everyone enjoyed our dessert this evening! :) Thanks for sharing!