Recipe by Sue Lau
A tasty melange of assorted crisp vegetables with a tangy dressing touched with a hint of sweetness. This salad is just right for summertime and those watching calories!
Top Review by Tinca37
Excellent recipe. The sweetness of the vegetables with the sharpness of the dressing compliments eachother perfectly. I tended to add only a little sweetner to the dressing so as to keep it a bit more sharp. Thanks for a great recipe, liked by all the family, even the kids.
For the Salad
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cut small
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut small
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam cauliflower and broccoli 7 minutes; immerse into ice water; drain.
- Combine cauliflower, broccoli, red bell pepper, green onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms in mixing bowl.
- Stir together basil, vinegars, and Splenda.
- Adjust Splenda to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and allow to sit at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.