Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
A tasty melange of assorted crisp vegetables with a tangy dressing touched with a hint of sweetness. This salad is just right for summertime and those watching calories!
For the Salad
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cut small
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut small
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (or to taste)
- Steam cauliflower and broccoli 7 minutes; immerse into ice water; drain.
- Combine cauliflower, broccoli, red bell pepper, green onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms in mixing bowl.
- Stir together basil, vinegars, and Splenda.
- Adjust Splenda to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and allow to sit at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Excellent recipe. The sweetness of the vegetables with the sharpness of the dressing compliments eachother perfectly. I tended to add only a little sweetner to the dressing so as to keep it a bit more sharp. Thanks for a great recipe, liked by all the family, even the kids.