Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a wonderful salad--full of fresh veggies. This easily makes a wonderful main dish or a hearty side dish.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pepperoncini pepper
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons country Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh grated lemons, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb baby red potato, unpeeled
- 1 lb baby asparagus
- 1 lb mixed salad greens or 1 lb spinach leaves, washed and drained
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- For dressing: In blender or food processor, add all the dressing ingredients except oil. Pulse the ingredients; slowly add oil in thin stream, pulsing until partially smooth. Refrigerate.
- For salad: In a saucepan of water, cook potatoes until tender; drain potatoes and immerse in ice water for 5 minutes to stop cooking process. Cool completely.
- In large pot of boiler water, cook asparagus until crisp tender. Remove and put in ice water for 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, toss greens with 1/3 cup of the dressing. Divide evenly between 4 plates.
- Arrange potatoes, asparagus, tomatoes, bell pepper, and egg in sections over the salad. Drizzle half of the remaining dressing over the 4 plates.
- Serve with remaining dressing.