Recipe by Trinkets
This recipe is from The Square Table Cookbook, from Oxford, Mississippi. This potato salad is wonderful with the addition of fresh, grilled tuna, or just as it is written for lunch or dinner. Cooking time is only a few minutes the remaining balance is chilling time.
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese, room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1 lb new potato
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, fresh and young
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing, in a jar combine all dressing ingredients and shake well.
- For the salad,boil the potatoes until just tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Blanch the green beans and set aside.
- Cut the potatoes into pieces and the beans into halves and transfer to a serving bowl. Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and capers.
- Toss with dressing and refrigerate 3-4 hours.