Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this pimento cheese spread, it isn’t orange like you find in a grocery store, it is white and creamy, and packed full of flavor. I have enjoyed this on crackers, or even on an open faced sandwich lightly toasted in the oven.
- 8 ounces white aged cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely diced (green tops only)
- 2 tablespoons pimento pepper, drained and slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl grate cheese, and stir in mayonnaise. Add chopped red onion, chopped green onion tops, and black pepper and stir together well. Drain the pimento pepper slices very well, you do not want them wet with their liquid when you add them to the salad, this will discolor your salad. Stir in pimento peppers gently.
- For the best flavor let this rest overnight in your refrigerator before serving. This will last for about 1 week in your refrigerator. You may want to serve this with crackers, bread, or even crisp celery.