Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great version of a hearty Frittata. Loved the corn as an addition to this dish as that was new for us. Recipe by Emeril Lagasse and found in Relish insert dated September 2011.
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup smoked ham, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as chives, basil, thyme, parsley and or or oregano)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- Set a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat the broiler.
- Whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl until combined.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 10 inch ovenproof saute pan over medium high heat. Add onions and peppers and cook, stirring as needed until soft, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and corn and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add ham and cook until warmed, about 1 minute.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and when melted, add egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with mixture of fresh herbs over eggs and then top with grated cheese.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook eggs, undisturbed for 3 minutes or until the surface beings to bubble and the bottom starts to set.
- Immediately place pan in oven and broil until golden brown on top - about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Using a rubber spatula, loosen frittata from sides of pan. Tilt pan and gently slide frittata onto a platter. Serve hot or warm.
"Awesome" was my husband's review. That always says volumes. This recipe certainly lends itself to different ingredient suggestions, such as I used a green pepper and chicken. They needed to be used up. The herbs I chose were, thyme, oregano, chives and basil, all from my garden. Made for The Circus Has Come Photo Tag game. :)