Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Farmers' Market Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1 cup diced peeled cored parsnip
- 4 medium Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved (or quartered, if large)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok over high heat until a bead of water vaporizes within 1-2 seconds of contact.
- Swirl 2 teaspoons oil into the wok, making sure the bottom gets completely coated.
- Add beaten eggs and cook, tilting the pan to cover the surface as thinly as possible with egg to make a pancake.
- When the bottom is just beginning to brown and the pancake is just set, about 30 seconds to 1 minute, flip the pancake using a metal spatula and allow it to set for about 5 seconds.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let cool.
- Cut the pancake into bite-size pieces.
- Swirl 1 tablespoon oil into the wok, add garlic and shallots and stir-fry, using a metal spatula, until fragrant, 10 seconds.
- Add parsnips and Brussels sprouts, decrease the heat to med-high and stir-fry until vegetables are nearly cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Swirl in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, add rice, tomatoes, and soy sauce and stir-fry, breaking up rice, until it is heated through, 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, salt and pepper; add the egg pieces and toss to combine.
- 400 calories, 13 g fat, 60 g carb, 7 g fiber.