Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this at our local grocery store - Sounds great but I haven't made it yet. I thought it was a nice blend of veggies and a bit different.
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 5 small potatoes, cooked,cooled,and quartered
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup bottled low-calorie Italian salad dressing
- 3 ounces baby lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 12 green olives
- Place first 6 ingredients in large bowl and toss with salad dressing.
- Line a large platter with baby lettuce leaves.
- Place vegetables in the middle of the platter and garnish with cheese and olives.
Since this one has rather a Greek cast to it, with the feta cheese and cucumber and olives (I substituted kalamata for the green), I replaced the Italian dressing with Greek and used this for a nice Greek supper. I made this dish (essentially a mayonnaise-free potato salad) early in the dayand chilled it, of course, so by dinnertime the flavors had melded nicely.
An attractive, easily made, scrumptious salad, which was very refreshing on the hot day when we ate it. The simple dressing was the perfect complement to the flavoursome summer vegetables. Apart from subbing kalamata olives for the green olives and baby spinach leaves for the lettuce, I made this exactly to the recipe. Everyone loved it, even a couple of not so confirmed salad eaters! Thank you for sharing this delightful recipe!
Very good salad. Used Romaine instead of baby lettuce and Bev's homemade Italian dressing which has become my favorite. Nice and crunchy and makes a very colorful presentation. Thanks so much for posting.