Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
From B&G canning mag.
- 4 large fresh ears corn
- 236.59 ml onion, coarsely chopped
- 236.59 ml large green peppers or 236.59 ml red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 236.59 ml tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (for hotter, leave seeds)
- 118.29 ml lime juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- Remove husks from ears of corn. Scrub corn with stiff vegetable brush to remove silks, rinse. Cut kernels from cob(do not scrape cobs). Measure 2 cups corn.
- In large saucepan, combine corn, onion, sweet pepper, tomato, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, salt, cumin, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Ladle into hot sterlized 8 oz jars, leaving 1/2" headspace. Wipe rims and add lids.
- Process in water bath for 15 minutes. Star timing once water is boiling.