From B&G canning mag.
My Private Note
Half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large fresh ears corn
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup large green peppers or 1 cup red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (for hotter, leave seeds)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1Remove husks from ears of corn. Scrub corn with stiff vegetable brush to remove silks, rinse. Cut kernels from cob(do not scrape cobs). Measure 2 cups corn.
- 2In large saucepan, combine corn, onion, sweet pepper, tomato, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, salt, cumin, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- 3Ladle into hot sterlized 8 oz jars, leaving 1/2" headspace. Wipe rims and add lids.
- 4Process in water bath for 15 minutes. Star timing once water is boiling.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmer's Market Corn Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 20.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 148.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: