Recipe by Kat's Mom
This was my mother's recipe that she cut from a magazine back in the sixties. It always made any meal special. I enjoy freshly ground black pepper on this salad. Veggie amounts can vary according to availability and personal tastes. Prep time varies. I guess-timated figuring my slow chopping time. Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by bullwinkle
This was a very nice salad. It couldn't be easier to prepare. We just had this as our main course. The only thing I did different was to cut the recipe in half. Will make again. Thanks Kat's Mom. Bullwinkle.
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1 lb sour cream
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 2 cups lettuce, torn in pieces
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup radish, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1 -2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded, approx. 1 carrot (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Assemble dressing in a bowl by mixing cottage cheese, sour cream and salt.
- Wash the cucumber well and slice it (peeling is optional).
- Salt the cucumber slices and place in a small bowl.
- Chill the dressing and cucumbers for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- After chopping and slicing the veggies, drain any liquid from the cucumbers.
- Toss all veggies with the dressing, mixing well.