Recipe by HEP MEP
Found this in a BH&G mag issued in February of 1996. I made it several times for holiday brunch,until our tastes switched things like Polish sausage,eggs and hash browns.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
This recipe is a good recipe, but just not quite what I expected. I did use sausage instead of ham. I will cook again. DH liked this one better than I did. I think that next time I will use a combination of pepper jack cheese and sharp cheddar cheese. I tend to like the recipes with cheddar better.
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese or 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked ham or 1 cup Canadian bacon
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 4 beaten eggs or 1 cup frozen fat-free liquid egg product
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk or 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 2-qt square baking dish.
- Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese,ham,and green onion.
- Pour egg mixture over potato mixture in dish.
- At this point,the dish may be covered and refrigerated for several hours or overnight.
- Bake, uncovered in a 350°F oven for 40 to 45 minutes- or 55 to 60 minutes if made ahead and chilled, or until center is set Let stand 5 minutes before serving.