This wonderful casserole is the best 'breakfast casserole' I have ever eaten. It could easily be served at any time of day. I first ate it at a Wedding Shower and could hardly wait for the bride's mother to get the recipe for me from the Aunt who lived in another state. I am posting the recipe exactly as I received it...however I would personally increase the salt to 1 teaspoon instead of the 1/4th teaspoon since I remember adding salt when I ate it before.
- Grease 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Arrange potatoes evenly on bottom of baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese, ham, onions.
- Combine milk and eggs and seasonings.
- Pour over potatoes and cheese.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes until set.
- Let rest 5 minute.