Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Freezer friendly potato, egg and cheese brunch dish!
Make and share this Farmer's Brunch Casserole OAMC recipe from Food.com.
- Grease a 2 quart square baking dish.
- arrange potatoes evenly on bottom of dish.
- sprinkle with cheese, ham, green onion.
- in medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture in dish. Freeze.
- on serving day, thaw completely. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 min or until center appears to be set. Let stand 5 min before serving. If you prefer, extra cheese can be sprinkled on top the last 15 min of baking.
Really good casserole. I had to make do, using regular potatoes that I precooked slightly then shredded. Also had to sub for the evaporated milk. This really had more taste than I expected. I did, at the last minute, sprinkle on a little bit of Mrs Dash. I made half and froze half. Thanks for posting; we enjoyed and will make again.
My family and I LOVE this dish. We put in bacon because we didn't have ham. I made two of these in last months rotation and my hubby has requested it again this month.
I made this last night, because all of the ingrediensts are ones that my family enjoys, but none of them cared for it. They said that they didn't care for all of the textures all in one dish. Some people may like the different textures, but not them, apparently. But, it did turn out to be a beautiful looking casserole. Thanks for posting and letting me try it out!