Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Diabetes Control for Life website.
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 4 ounces red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 ounce lean reduced-sodium ham
- 1⁄3 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1⁄2 ounce low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 medium orange
- Wash and chop onion finely. Wash, peel (if desired), and dice potatoes.
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and potatoes in a single layer.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Chop ham and stir into potato mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg substitute with 1 tablespoon of water; pour over potato mixture.
- Continue to cook over medium heat, without stirring, until egg mixture begins to set on the bottom and around the edges.
- Using a spatula or large spoon, lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture so that the uncooked portion flows underneath.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until egg mixture is cooked through but still moist.
- Sprinkle with cheese (1/2 ounce is 2 tablespoons), and remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with a fresh, peeled orange.