1 hr 20 mins
From an old Farmer's Almanac, this recipe sounds easy and delicious. As suggested, serve with whipped cream - or vanilla ice cream sounds good too! Serving size is estimated as it was not stated in the original recipe. NOTE: This is the recipe as written from the Farmer's Almanac. Not sure why it must be made in a spring form pan; I think an 8-inch glass baking dish would work just fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CAKE
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted, plus
- 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour (for coating blueberries)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch spring form pan.
- 2Sift together 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg.
- 4Add flour mixture to wet mixture in 3 parts, alternating with additions of milk.
- 5Toss blueberries with the remaining 1/2 T of flour for even scattering. Fold in blueberries gently. Pour batter into prepared pan. Set aside.
- 6Combine topping ingredients with fork; sprinkle over batter.
- 7Bake for 1 hour. Test for doneness by inserting toothpick in center. If it does not come out clean, bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and cool completely. Serve with whipped cream when cool.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmer's Almanac Blueberry Buckle
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.9
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.3 mg
- Sodium 170.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 3.6 g