Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a diabetic website. For a lite lunch, it is great. Plus you get to enjoy the bounty of your garden or the nearest produce stand.
- 3 egg whites, hard-cooked
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon morton lite salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup garbanzo beans, rinsed well
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Hard boil eggs. Romove from shells, slice in half and discard yolks. Slice the whites and set aside.
- Mix lemon juice, vinegar, oil and seasonings (salt, pepper and basil) to make a dressing.
- Toss with remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with the sliced egg whites.
- Chill 1 hour and enjoy.