Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an extremely moist and flavorful pumpkin bread.It has less flour than the other pumpkin bread recipes I've tried which makes it very tender and cakelike.I think it's absolutely delicious especially with cranberries added.If you don't like nuts leave them out...it's just as good without them.The recipe comes from Sunset magazine and it's so delicious that I had to share it.Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cranberries, halved (optional) or 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix together flour,brown sugar,sugar,cranberries or raisins if desired,nuts,soda,cinnamon,nutmeg,salt,cloves,allspice and ginger.
- In a seperate bowl mix together eggs,pumpkin and oil until blended.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and mix just until blended.
- Divide mixture equally into two greased and floured 8x4 in loaf pans.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until bread pulls from sides of pans or wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pans on wire rack 15 minutes then invert onto rack and let cool thoroughly.
- Note: This bread tastes even better after it sits a few days.