Recipe by angelfan
When a lady brought these rolls to the Farm Women's club meeting, all the women wanted the recipe. These ladies knew homemade bread and rolls. That means this is a Good recipe!
- 9 tablespoons melted Crisco shortening
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, 2 TBS Cinnamon, 2 TBS sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar mixed with apox 1/2 cup milk, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Glaze rolls as soon as they come out of the oven
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt Criso in small pan on stove. Set aside.
- Put yeast, salt, sugar and warm water into bowl and stir until yeast is dissolved.
- Warm milk slightly in microwave( just enough to take the chill off) add milk and stir. Stir in melted Crisco (if the melted Crisco appears to be too hot, you may add a small cube of ice to cool it slightly).
- Stir in three cups flour and mix well. Add more flour, one cup at a time till dough is no longer sticky.
- Knead on floured board, about 3 minute Divide dough in half. Roll out half on floured board, till about 1/2 inch thick and in oblong shape. Spoon melted butter on top. Sprinkle sugar cinnamon mixture on top. Roll up, jelly roll style. Slice into 2 inch thick rolls, place on greased cookie sheet. Cover, and let rise until double. Bake in 350°F preheated oven about 20 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
- Take roll from oven. Mix powdered sugar with milk and vanilla, whisk until powder sugar is dissolved. Spoon on top hot rolls. Enjoy.