- 4 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, tough ends removed,cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup basil, cut into ribbons
- 3 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan filled with salted boiling water, cook corn kernels four minutes.
- Add asparagus and continue cooking an additional three minutes.
- Strain, then blanch by submerging in a large bowl of ice water.
- When cool, strain and shake off excess water.
- Place in a large bowl; add tomatoes and basil.
- In a small bowl, combine red onion, lemon juice, olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Pour over corn mixture, season generously with salt and pepper, toss, and serve.