1/1 Photo of Farm Journal's Oatmeal Coconut Crisp Cookies
Linda's Kitch's Note:
If you like coconut I guarantee you're going to love these cookies! The recipe can easily be cut in half if you desire less than 5 dozen cookies. Recipe Source: "Farm Journal's Best-Ever Recipes" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups butter, at room temperature (the recipe called for butter or margarine. I used Blue Bonnet Margarine)
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed down
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut (I used 2 and 3/4 cups of flaked coconut-the extra amount of coconut makes for a really tasty cookie!)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet well with vegetable shortening.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and both types of sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- 3Add the vanilla and then eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg addition.
- 4In medium mixing bowl, thoroughly combine with a wire whisk, the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- 5By hand, add the flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time to the creamed butter-sugar mixture, beating well after each flour addition.
- 6Stir in, by hand, the rolled oats and coconut; mix well.
- 7Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls about 2 and 1/2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. (The cookies will have more of a rounded shape to them if a 1 and 1/2 inch cookie scoop is used-I slightly mound the dough in the scoop).
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Keep a close watch on the cookies if you bake them longer than 10 minutes.
- 9Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farm Journal's Oatmeal Coconut Crisp Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2114.7
- Calories from Fat 824
- Total Fat 91.6 g
- Saturated Fat 55.8 g
- Cholesterol 344.0 mg
- Sodium 2244.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 303.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 176.1 g
- Protein 27.2 g