Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I did a Zaar search for these cookies and found several other recipes so I just had to post this old lunch box favorite! I use a cookie scoop and get just over 4 dozen cookies and bake them for about 11 minutes.
- 473.18 ml flour, AP sifted
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 295.73 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml coconut (shredded or flaked)
- 473.18 ml corn flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 350* and line your cookie sheets with parchment or grease them well.
- Sift flour, soda, salt and powder together and set aside.
- Cream sugars and shortening together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed and mix well. Add coconut and cornflakes and mix slowly just til mixed inches.
- Drop by spoonful onto the parchment and bake 8 - 10 minutes until delicately browned. (I use a cookie scoop and get just over 4 dozen cookies and bake them for about 11 minutes).
- These freeze well either *raw or **baked.
- *To freeze the raw dough just scoop onto parchment and freeze on the tray. Bag up the frozen balls and store in the freezer for up to 6 months in a freezer bag. Be sure to mark the bag with what they are and how long to bake them. Defrost them in the refrigerator and bring them to room temperature while you preheat the oven.
- **To freeze them after baking, wrap them in plastic and store in a freezer bag for up to 6 weeks.
These cookies were pretty good. I had never tried a cornflake cookie before, and happened to have all the ingredients handy. I followed the recipe exactly, only I cut it in half. The cornflakes took on sort of a stale consistency after baking, but that could perhaps be because I used imitation store brand corn flakes. I will definitely keep this recipe in my cookie file. Thanks for posting.