Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry Several vegetables, cheese and seasonings combine to make delicious nutritious fritters that are topped with a low fat creamy topping. This recipe was inspired from my garden and my desire to create healthy tasty dishes.
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup greek plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients for the fritters and mix well. Heat a large non-stick skillet and spray with vegetable spray. Using a 1/2 cup measure drop batter onto the skillet making 4 mounds. Press lightly to flatten. Cook till golden brown, turning once, about 3 minutes total. Combine the ingredients for the topping and dollop on each fritter serving.
I love fritters and this sounds delicious. I will add this to my list to try.