Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was looking for a muffin recipe with calorie-reduced ingredients and came across this one on a handout advertising "Country Crock" margarine. I was told not to substitute with any other margarine, or it would not turn out. They are great!
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 354.88 ml natural bran
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts (optional)
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml mashed ripe banana
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml country crock churn style margarine (melted) or 118.29 ml original country crock calorie-reduced margarine
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients plus bananas and nuts.
- In a small bowl beat eggs with milk and melted margarine (Calorie-reduced Country Crock should be melted only partially, then stirred, to prevent fat separation and to allow accurate measuring.) Stir moist ingredients into dry ingredients, just until combined.
- Avoid overmixing; batter should be lumpy.
- Spoon batter into greased lined muffins cups and bake at 400°F for 18-20 minutes.
These have a great texture and flavor! I used wheat bran. For the nuts, I used chopped pecans. I will be making these again! Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.