Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was looking for a muffin recipe with calorie-reduced ingredients and came across this one on a handout advertising "Country Crock" margarine. I was told not to substitute with any other margarine, or it would not turn out. They are great!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups natural bran
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup country crock churn style margarine (melted) or 1⁄2 cup original country crock calorie-reduced margarine
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients plus bananas and nuts.
- In a small bowl beat eggs with milk and melted margarine (Calorie-reduced Country Crock should be melted only partially, then stirred, to prevent fat separation and to allow accurate measuring.) Stir moist ingredients into dry ingredients, just until combined.
- Avoid overmixing; batter should be lumpy.
- Spoon batter into greased lined muffins cups and bake at 400°F for 18-20 minutes.
These have a great texture and flavor! I used wheat bran. For the nuts, I used chopped pecans. I will be making these again! Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.