Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Hearty sweet cookies with oatmeal, cornflakes, coconut, and nuts in them.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mixing well after each addition. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix butter, both sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Mixing well after each addition. Add flour mixture and mix until blended.
- Add oatmeal, cornflakes, coconut, and nuts. Dough will be stiff. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheet. Slightly flatten balls of dough with bottom of glass.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until done.
We really enjoyed these cookies ~ loved the flavor and how easy they were to make. I made them gluten free and made only half the recipe, using sorghum flour and almond flour, gluten-free oats, and I used my favorite pecans. Will definitely add these to the cookie cookbook for future use! Great cookies. Made for MAY PHOTO FORUM, 'FARM COOKIN'
My mom makes these every year around the holidays. She has a few names for them, kitchen sink cookies (because they have everything but the kitchen sink in them), and best cookies ever. She just might be right on both accounts, these are awesome!