1/1 Photo of Farina Dumplings (Gnocchi Alla Romana)
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
I found this gnocchi recipe on the Recipe Goldmine website and posted for the Zaar World Tour Swap.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat milk to scald. Reduce heat and slowly stir in farina, cook until thick, approximately five minutes.
- 2Remove pan from heat, stir in eggs, margarine, salt, pepper and beat until smooth. Spread mixture into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan, let cool. Cover pan and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours until firm.
- 3*Note* Refrigeration time for gnocchi to firm is included in the preparation time.
- 4When firm, remove from refrigerator and cut gnocchi into 1 1/2 inch squares or circles. Place them overlapping, into an ungreased baking dish. Dot tops with 1/4 cup margarine and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown. If needed you can brown a little more under the broiler.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farina Dumplings (Gnocchi Alla Romana)
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.8
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 161.0 mg
- Sodium 1243.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 23.5 g