Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this in my search for iron enriched foods that used Cream of Wheat.
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup cream of wheat or 3⁄4 cup farina
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- Mix together the Farina, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix egg, milk and oil together.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Batter will be a little lumpy.
- Grease loaf pan and pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes or until done.
I just made this and it is so easy to make. Tastes delicious and filling.
Great little breakfast/dessert bread!!! I made this yesterday and my daughter and I enjoyed it very much; my husband and son, not so much. In all fairness though, they don't like cream of wheat. This bread has a great texture and is just the right amount of sweet! It is best warm with some butter spread over it! The only deviation I made from the recipe was to add 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the batter. Very good, will definately make again!!!
This was delicious! I followed the recipe to the "T". The bread was sweet, crunchy and soft-similar to a corn bread. We had it for breakfast warm with butter and coffee..perfect!! In m next attempt, I increased the milk to one cup, and the sugar to 3/4 cup. I baked them in muffin tins at 350 for about 15 or 20 minutes (not really sure-just did it until I could smell them and they were golden brown). The were soft, still with the light gritty texture, and delicious. My kids love these, I love these, my man loves these. What a gem!