Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A bar that is good for you, and high in iron. Found on All Recipes
Make and share this Farina Bars (Low Fat) recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, applesauce, sugar and honey.
- Add in the lemon zest.
- Combine the cream of wheat, baking powder and cardamom and then stir into the creamed mixture.
- Add and mix in the yogurt and egg whites.
- If over mixed, the bars will fall during baking.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes or until the edges are brown. Cool and cut into bars.