- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 pitted dates, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons uncooked farina
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon margarine, reduced-calorie
- sugar substitute, to equal 2 tbsps. sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, dates, and salt in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Gradually stir in farina and vanilla.
- Reduce and simmer, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; add margarine and sugar substitute, stirring until margarine melts.
- Spoon mixture into a hot serving bowl, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve hot.