Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Farfalle Zucchini and Bell Peppers in Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces uncooked farfalle pasta (bow tie pasta, about 4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons commercial pesto sauce
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta; return to pan.
- Add pesto; stir well.
- Add zucchini and next 6 ingredients (zucchini through black pepper); toss well.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
Wonderful blend of flavors. We would have preferred the veggies to be cooked a bit - they were a bit raw, despite being tossed with the hot pasta. Very nice.