A light summery pasta dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 garlic, finely chopped
- 2 small zucchini, very thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1Cook pasta in lots of boiling, salted water; stirring occasionally, until al dente (10-12 minutes).
- 2Before draining, ladle out ½ cup of boiling cooking water and reserve.
- 3Heat the oil in a big skillet over medium heat; add in scallion and garlic; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 4Add in the zucchini and yellow squash; cook and stir over med-low heat just until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- 5Toss the pasta with the zucchini mixture; stir in the basil, mint, reserved pasta water, and cheese; season w/ salt and pepper if needed.
- 6Spoon onto plates and serve with extra sprinkling of cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farfalle With Zucchini, Yellow Squash, and Mint
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.7
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 36.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 13.3 g