Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A light summery pasta dish.
Top Review by LPretorius
This pasta was pretty good. I had no basil, so I just added more mint. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't rave about it. I also added some snow peas, which were a nice touch. Pretty easy, and good if you have mint (or basil) in the fridge that you need to use (like I did).
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 garlic, finely chopped
- 2 small zucchini, very thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in lots of boiling, salted water; stirring occasionally, until al dente (10-12 minutes).
- Before draining, ladle out ½ cup of boiling cooking water and reserve.
- Heat the oil in a big skillet over medium heat; add in scallion and garlic; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in the zucchini and yellow squash; cook and stir over med-low heat just until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the zucchini mixture; stir in the basil, mint, reserved pasta water, and cheese; season w/ salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon onto plates and serve with extra sprinkling of cheese, if desired.