Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I wanted to honor one of our Zaar sisters, Silly Sally, for her brave heart during a very difficult time in her life. To create a new recipe is my way of acknowledging her. (Zaar computer only allows certain wording, so please read carefully,thanks)
- 16 ounces farfalle pasta (bowties)
- 18 ounces albacore tuna in water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese sauce (*)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, mild
- 2 cups duxelle mushrooms (**)
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- fresh ground pepper (optional)
- Cook Farfalle according to package directions. Please do not overcook!
- Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again and set aside.
- In same pot, using medium heat, melt butter and cheese sauce.
- Add salsa and mushroom duxelle. Turn heat to low. Stir and continue cooking until mushrooms are hot.
- Break up Albacore into small chunks and add to pot. Stir well, breaking Albacore down to shred-like pieces.
- Remove pot from heat and add sour cream, stirring well.
- Make slurry with cornstarch. Return pot to low heat and slowly add to mixture while stirring until just starting to thicken. You may not have to use it all.
- Add Farfalle (and black pepper, if desired) to pot and combine.
- *Cheese sauce - I made mine with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and milk, but you can buy ready-made.
- ** See my recipe#155924.
This was great! Really tasty. I made it with your recipe for mushroom duxelle (155924) using chestnut mushrooms, my favorite recipe for salsa (http://myst.starforge.co.uk/index.cgi?block=3&op=view&id=26), and cheese sauce made with two parts double cream to one part shredded Lincolnshire poacher by weight. It needed some salt and pepper, but that was all. I thought it sounded like too much pasta at first, but the amounts were all spot-on. Next time we'll use double cream instead of sour cream for the thickness, though. Thanks so much for two great recipes, Happy Harry!