Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
from the rocky mountain news
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta (bow tie)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (4 ounce) package smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 lemon, zest of
- bring large pot of lighlty salted water to a boil.
- while water heats combine the olive oil, onion, garlic and red pepper in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- saute and stir frequently until onions are translucent.
- add the pasta to the water and cook al dente or just firm at the center about 8 minutes.
- while pasta cooks add peas to the onions and cook till warmed through and remove skillet from heat.
- use a slotted spoon to move al dente pasta from the pot to the skillet a little water on the pasta is a good thing here.
- if you want to drain the pasta first reserve 1/4 cup of the water and add it to the skillet with the drained pasta.
- add the salmon, dill and lemon zest to the skillet and toss to combine.
- the heat form the pasta will heat the salmon and its smoked so it does not need to be fully heated but you should follow your taste.
We tried this exactly as written. Unfortunately, it did not turn out as hoped for; not horrible but not really good either, sorry. Made for PAC Fall '08.