From Epicurious.com. What a great dish!
Make and share this Farfalle With Sausage, Tomatoes, and Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb italian sweet sausage, casings removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (bow-tie pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup packed chopped fresh basil
- freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage and crushed red pepper. Sauté until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up with back of fork, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté until onion is tender and sausage is browned, about 3 minutes longer.
- Add tomatoes and cream. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sausage mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Return pasta to same pot. Add sausage mixture and toss over medium-low heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if mixture is dry.
- Transfer pasta to serving dish. Sprinkle with basil. Serve, passing cheese separately.