Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This pasta salad can be made the usual way with basil or, for the more adventurous, with mint.
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup peas, defrosted
- 1 cup English cucumber, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a food processor or blender, process the pine nuts, garlic and basil leaves until finely chopped.
- With the processor running, pour in the olive oil until combined.
- Add the cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss the pesto with the pasta.
- Mix in the peas, cucumber and green onions.
- Serve garnished with basil leaves.
Excellent, Irmgard. I never would have considered cucumber in a recipe like this, but it was terrific. I made the basil version. I added some thin garlic-sauteed chicken strips to make a complete meal.