Dave in Alpharetta, GA's Note:
I was searching for a copycat recipe for the Cheesecake Factory's similar dish and found this. It looks promising so I'm posting it here to get some opinions and to save it for myself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 slices pancetta, chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup button mushroom
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 head roasted garlic, paste
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 fresh sage leaves, chopped fine
- salt and black pepper (according to taste)
- 1/2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1Boil pasta according to instructions on box drain and set aside. save 1/2 cup pasta water and discard rest.
- 2Add oil to heated pan. Add Pancetta to the oil and let it render and get crispy a little for a couple of minutes on medium heat. Take pancetta out (leave oil in the pan) of pan and set aside.
- 3Add onions to the skillet and caramelize them over low to medium heat.
- 4Add mushrooms to caramelized onions and increase the flame to medium high. Sauté the mix for about 30 seconds.
- 5Add red peppers and tomatoes to the mix and flip the mixture for about 20-30 seconds seconds until mixed well.
- 6Add milk to the mix and bring it to simmer. Lower the heat and add roasted garlic paste to the mix and incorporate well.
- 7Add cream cheese and parmesan to the mix and mix well -- let it simmer until cream cheese, garlic, and parmesan is mixed well into milk forming smooth sauce.
- 8Add sage, salt and pepper (to taste) to the sauce and mix well. Add peas and pasta to mix and cook in the pan for a minute or so until pasta is well coated.
- 9Add pancetta to the pasta and serve. (Use pasta water to thin the sauce if it gets too thick).
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farfalle With Pancetta and Peas in a Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 985.6
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 181.7 mg
- Sodium 1160.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 37.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves