Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was searching for a copycat recipe for the Cheesecake Factory's similar dish and found this. It looks promising so I'm posting it here to get some opinions and to save it for myself.
- 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 slices pancetta, chopped in small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup button mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 head roasted garlic, paste
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 fresh sage leaves, chopped fine
- salt and black pepper (according to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- Boil pasta according to instructions on box drain and set aside. save 1/2 cup pasta water and discard rest.
- Add oil to heated pan. Add Pancetta to the oil and let it render and get crispy a little for a couple of minutes on medium heat. Take pancetta out (leave oil in the pan) of pan and set aside.
- Add onions to the skillet and caramelize them over low to medium heat.
- Add mushrooms to caramelized onions and increase the flame to medium high. Sauté the mix for about 30 seconds.
- Add red peppers and tomatoes to the mix and flip the mixture for about 20-30 seconds seconds until mixed well.
- Add milk to the mix and bring it to simmer. Lower the heat and add roasted garlic paste to the mix and incorporate well.
- Add cream cheese and parmesan to the mix and mix well -- let it simmer until cream cheese, garlic, and parmesan is mixed well into milk forming smooth sauce.
- Add sage, salt and pepper (to taste) to the sauce and mix well. Add peas and pasta to mix and cook in the pan for a minute or so until pasta is well coated.
- Add pancetta to the pasta and serve. (Use pasta water to thin the sauce if it gets too thick).