Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Six O’Clock Scramble
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 lbs assorted sliced mushrooms (shiitakes, buttons, or criminis)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling, add salt and farfalle; cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a big skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic, mushrooms, and thyme; saute for 1 minute.
- Add in the broth; simmer over med-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When you add the pasta to the boiling water, add the peas and salt to the mushroom mixture.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it briefly, allowing some of the water to cling to the noodles, and return it to your warm pot over low heat.
- Add in the mushroom-pea mixture and the Parmesan cheese; stir together until heated through.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt/pepper.
- Serve immediately, topped with additional Parmesan cheese.