Recipe by ElvisPresley99
Hot Italian sausage, sweet tomatoes and fresh basil are tossed with bowtie pasta in this easy, flavor-packed summer dinner. Try this recipe with classic Italian pork sausage or leaner chicken or turkey sausage if you prefer. DELICIOUS!
Top Review by jeanieharding
We really liked this recipe! I cut back on the amount of sausage because I was afraid it would be too spicey and it was just right. I also added zucchini along with my tomatoes and was a great addition.
- 3⁄4 lb farfalle pasta (bowtie)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves torn into pieces
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain and toss in olive oil. Set aside. Meanwhile, preheat a large skillet.
- Squeeze sausage from casing into pan, crumbling it into small pieces.
- Add garlic and cook until sausage is browned and cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Toss cooked sausage with pasta, basil, tomatoes, cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.