Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Hot Italian sausage, sweet tomatoes and fresh basil are tossed with bowtie pasta in this easy, flavor-packed summer dinner. Try this recipe with classic Italian pork sausage or leaner chicken or turkey sausage if you prefer. DELICIOUS!
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain and toss in olive oil. Set aside. Meanwhile, preheat a large skillet.
- Squeeze sausage from casing into pan, crumbling it into small pieces.
- Add garlic and cook until sausage is browned and cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Toss cooked sausage with pasta, basil, tomatoes, cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
We really liked this recipe! I cut back on the amount of sausage because I was afraid it would be too spicey and it was just right. I also added zucchini along with my tomatoes and was a great addition.
I made this (doubled) for my family of 10. It received a rousing approval. We did not have as many tomatoes as the recipe called for ripe in the garden, but even with half, it was wonderful. I did not double the garlic, as I'm careful to avoid too much "garlic breath". :)