Farfalle With Fontina, Tasso Ham, and Baby Spinach
- Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil; add in pasta; cook, stirring occasionally 9-10 minutes until al dente; drain and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler; set out 6 individual heatproof bowls, or a larger heatproof serving bowl.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until almost smoking; add in the shallots; stir/saute until translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add in the cream and bring to a boil; stir and reduce 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add in the cheese; stir until smooth; the sauce will be thick.
- Stir in the spinach and ham and remove from the heat.
- Add in the cooked pasta; toss until lightly coated; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide among the smaller bowls or pour into the serving bowl; place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.