Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw this on "Everyday Italian" yesterday and really wanted to try it, mainly because I love both mushrooms and asparagus, and have been wanting a recipe to use up some of the mascarpone cheese in our fridge! I liked it a lot, and my husband loved it. I preferred mine without walnuts, so you may want to serve these on the side. It is so quick to make that it's sure to become a regular at our house! Keep in mind, however, that this is a very mild pasta, most likely very different from what you're used to!
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain pasta but reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic; saute about 5 minutes until tender and most of the juices have evaporated.
- Add asparagus and saute another 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add the farfalle to skillet; stir in the mascarpone and nutmeg and toss until cheese coats the pasta.
- Add a bit of the pasta water at a time to moisten (you do not need to use entire cup, just put enough in to moisten to your preference).
- Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts and season pasta with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place pasta in large bowl and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and walnuts.