Recipe by Mooseybear
I had this for dinner the other night - excellent with some good crusty bread.
Top Review by CIndytc
this recipe is from cooking light...I was going to put this on recipezaar as I made this last night and it was fabulous...I used morel mushrooms & baby portabellos....wonderful fancy dish....
- 1 lb farfalle pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces mushrooms, presliced exotic
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt, drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the mushrooms,onion, shallots, garlic, 1 tsp salt, and black pepper.
- Cook for 12 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine, cook 2 more minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pasta, cream, cheese, and parsley. Toss gently to coat.
- Stir in remaining salt.