Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe which we have used for those who do not eat meat here at the home. I found this on the Barilla web site. It is really very good and creamy.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 ounces creamy gorgonzola, cubed
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb assorted mushroom, chopped
- 3⁄4 frozen peas, thawed
- 16 ounces farfalle pasta (Barilla)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Melt butter in a 2 qt saucepan over medium heat.
- When the butter starts to sizzle, add the flour and whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the milk.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the Gorgonzola and stir until melted.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper(if using),to taste.
- Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender and golden, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in the peas.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook farfalle according to pkg directions and drain.
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- Add the Gorgonzola sauce and mushroom mixture, and toss to coat.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper, if needed and top with chopped chives.