This is a recipe which we have used for those who do not eat meat here at the home. I found this on the Barilla web site. It is really very good and creamy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 ounces creamy gorgonzola, cubed
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb assorted mushroom, chopped
- 3/4 frozen peas, thawed
- 16 ounces farfalle pasta (Barilla)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1Melt butter in a 2 qt saucepan over medium heat.
- 2When the butter starts to sizzle, add the flour and whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 3Gradually whisk in the milk.
- 4Bring the sauce to a simmer.
- 5Simmer for 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- 6Remove from the heat.
- 7Add the Gorgonzola and stir until melted.
- 8Season the sauce with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper(if using),to taste.
- 9Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- 10Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 11Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender and golden, about 12 minutes.
- 12Stir in the peas.
- 13Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 14Cook farfalle according to pkg directions and drain.
- 15Transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- 16Add the Gorgonzola sauce and mushroom mixture, and toss to coat.
- 17Season the pasta with salt and pepper, if needed and top with chopped chives.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farfalle With Creamy Mushroom Gorgonzola Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 825.9
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 567.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 31.5 g