Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick, easy and very tasty. Serve with crusty Italian bread and a green salad.
- 16 ounces farfalle pasta (bow tie pasta)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (I use the pre-minced in a jar)
- 2 (26 ounce) jarsyour favorite spaghetti sauce
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook farfalle according to package directions; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet; add chicken and cook over medium/high heat until cooked.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add minced garlic, zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms.
- Cook 5 to 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Turn heat to medium/low and add the spaghetti sauce and cook until sauce is hot.
- Serve over the farfalle with plenty of parmesan cheese.
I just love this. I made this last week for supper and packed the left-overs for my lunch the next day. This was so easy and really quite delicious. The sauteed chicken and veggies went well with the sauce and noodles. I added a little basil and oregano for good measure. Thanks Denise in NH.
This was incredible. Yummy sauteed chicken and veggies in tomato sauce over pasta. Now that is my kind of meal. Had a great garlic flavor. Thanks for an easy delicious meal.
Very good and easy to make. I also used only one jar of sauce, and it was plenty. I added some chopped broccoli. Thanks, will be making this again!